Office for Equity and Diversity
About the Office for Equity and Diversity
Building an Inclusive ECU
The Office for Equity and Diversity (OED) engages in programming, compliance, and outreach to foster a diverse and inclusive living, learning, and working community. Through leadership and partnerships, we will provide dynamic educational experiences, prepare our students to lead in a global multicultural society, and engage the region with inclusive social and economic opportunities.
To support our mission of a diverse and inclusive living, learning, and working environment, we will:
- expand knowledge through educational and awareness programs;
- build collaborative partnerships;
- engage in outreach and consulting services;
- develop, implement, and monitor institutional strategies; and
- support the university’s nondiscrimination policies.
ECU Recognized for Excellence in Diversity
East Carolina University has been recognized by INSIGHTIntoDiversity Magazine with their Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award for eleven consecutive years and, in 2022, ECU was recognized by INSIGHT as a Diversity Champion.